Smile confidently with Botulinum toxin injection, commonly known as Botox injection, for gummy smile treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic. All treatments are carried out by our expert cosmetic specialist doctors. Gummy Smile is a phenomenon that when some people smile, their upper lip elevates too far above their upper teeth, exposing gums and producing an unattractive smile. This happens due to several causes. One of the causes is hyperactive muscle which elevates the upper lip. Occasionally, the gummy smile is also aggravated by a thin upper lip that further contributes to the problem by exposing the upper gum even more. Fortunately, gummy smile can be simply and effectively corrected by Botulinum toxin (well known as Botox) injections to reduce the activity of the muscle that elevates the upper lip.
What is Botox ?
Botulinum toxin,commonly known as Botox as it is a very first Botulinum toxin brand introduced, is a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It relaxes the muscle by temporarily blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that lift the upper lip up when smiling. The cosmetic effect of Botulinum toxin was first documented as early as 1989 and was approved by the FDA in 2002. It is now regularly used by many, both male and female, as it is less intrusive and less artificial in appearance than traditional form of treament such as plastic surgery
Prior to the treatment :
A full medical consultation will be completed to confirm your suitability for the treatment .The doctor may examine your ability to move certain muscles to determine location, size and use of the muscles that cause the area of concern. The desired results will then be discussed and a treatment plan will be created
A small amount of Botulinum toxin will be injected at both sides of the junction of nostrill and nose to mouth fold to weaken the muscles. Within the next 3-4 days, elevation of the upper lip will gradually become less and your new smile is transformed! You will be showing less gum and have much more confidence to smile without inhibition. The full result will be achieved 2 weeks after the treatment
Post treatment :
Avoid touching, massaging or apply cosmetics or creams to the area for 6 hours. This will reduce risk of infection. All aftercare instructions will be discussed with you before the treatment by our Clinic Coordinator
Before & After Treatment
Am I suitable for the treatment?
Only you and the doctor can decide if the treatment is the one for you. During your medical consultation, our expert Botox doctor will asses your medical history and make sure you are suitable for the treatment. Be sure to inform the doctor about any pre-excisting medical conditions such as:
- A disease that effects your muscles and nerves such as Myastenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- Allergies to any Botulinum toxin products
- Any medication that you are currently taking
- If you have had facial surgery or plan to have surgery in the future
- If you are regnant or plan to become pregnant. Also if you are breast feeding
Is there any side effect?
Injection related side effects are minimal and temporary such as redness, swelling, bruising. Spreading of the Botulinum toxin to the muscle nearby that can cause temporally relaxation can be easily prevented by avoid rubbing or massaging the treated areas for approximately 4 hours post treatment
How long the result last?
The results last 4-6 months. The longevity of the result is variable and each individual may obtain a different result. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent results leaving you the option of refining your treatment in tune with changing taste and fashion
What will happen if I stop having the injection?
Your smile will go back to where it was. You can stop and start having treatment again when ever you prefer providing that you are suitable
Why Should I have the treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Tear trough treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Gummy smile treatment costs only £149 per session
* Note: These are standard prices and are subject to individual requirement and promotion. You will be made fully awere of the total cost following a free consultation*
We offer expert treatments at competitive prices and a free, medical consultation appointment to discuss your suitability. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest special offers and clinic news.
Amanda*, Ireland “I cannot stop smiling to myself after having Botox gummy smile with Dr. Johnson. This treatment is so easy and works amazingly! Thank you for the nice work and giving me a beautiful smile. I will definitely see you again in four months time”*
Name change to protect identity*
Suggestions of other treatments :