The London Cosmetic Clinic offers an alternative to IPL laser hair removal, the technically advanced Ellipse hair removal treatment using an Intense pulsed light system. Your personal requirements are overseen and performed, in confidence, by our independent senior IPL specialist, Mieke Morgan.
What is intense pulsed light?
Ellipse hair removal uses short, safe bursts of light emitted from a flash-lamp to treat specific skin conditions. The Ellipse IPL system uses a method called Selective Photothermolysis for the treatment of a wide range of skin conditions including the removal of unwanted hair, the treatment of sun-damaged skin, acne, and vascular skin disorders
The difference between laser and intense pulsed light?
Laser hair removal treatments and treatments with intense pulsed light both work in the same way, choosing wavelengths that are absorbed by the target. While a laser uses one given wavelength which is one colour, one phase and one direction, this makes it more difficult to control and more difficult to guarantee optimal results. Intense pulsed light uses a broad spectrum of wavelengths which is made up of different colours, different phases and different directions. This focuses on the problem at hand and guarantees results for more hair types/colours. Intense pulsed light is like using a group of different lasers in one single treatment
How can I be sure Ellipse IPL hair removal is safe and effective?
Ellipse hair removal has been clinically proven to be safe and effective through years of clinical trials and studies. The settings used for your treatment will be based on the settings recommended by the clinicians who carried out the clinical trials. Ellipse carefully controls the amount of energy and pulses and delivers the desired energy in the optimal waveband for the treatment. These factors explain why millions of treatments have been so successful and to such a high standard
What are the treatment possibilities?
The Ellipse IPL system treats many of the most common and most annoying skin problems:
- HIR REMOVAL – removal of excess hair on any part of the body
- THREAD VEINS – removal of broken, blood filled capillaries
- PIGMENTED LESIONS – brown pigment marks, such as freckles, superficial age spots and sun- damaged skin
IPL LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Shaving, waxing, tweezing and hair removal creams have been replaced by hair removal in a flash! The IPL/ Laser hair removal treatment has become a necessity rather than a luxury due to its safety and effectiveness resulting in healthy, smooth skin and outstanding hair reduction. With one session every 4-6 weeks, no more ingrown hairs, reduced shaving and nourished skin- other painful means of hair removal can totally be avoided
How does IPL (Intense Pulse Light) Ellipse hair removal work?
Light is guided from the flash-lamp to the treatment area in the correct wavelength. The pigment (melanin) in your hair absorbs the light and converts it to heat. This heat then destroys the follicle and renders it unable to produce a new hair. The most efficient treatment is seen with dark hair and lighter skin, but with the Ellipse system a variety of skin and hair types can be treated successfully
1 treatment every 4-8 weeks (an average of 6 sessions is usually required)
What can the client expect as far as results?
With the Ellipse hair removal treatment the results are as follows:
-The number of hairs will become reduced in the treatment area
-Hair will become finer in the treatment area
-Hair will become less pigmented in the treatment area
Does it hurt?
The treatment sensation varies from area to area and from client to client. Most clients describe the sensation as quite moderate almost like the snapping of a rubber band accompanied by a heat sensation, which only lasts for a short moment
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatments?
It is important not to remove hair by plucking, tweezing and waxing during the entire four weeks before and during treatments. This ensures that as many hair follicles as possible contain a hair and thus can be destroyed by the light. It is important to avoid tanning before and during the treatment period to avoid the tanned skin from absorbing more light, which makes treatment less effective. Generally, no post-treatment care is necessary, but people with very sensitive skin may benefit from using a soothing aloe vera gel together with a sunscreen (min SPF 30)
Why have treatments at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Please do not hesitate to request a price list by sending an enquiry email to email@example.com.
Alternatively you can email us with the areas that you’re interested in treating and we will contact you via email or via our call back services
“I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and had suffered from excessive hair growth on my face for a very long time. Mieke enlightened me of the treatment regime with Ellipse IPL hair removal and stressed that it would be more of a maintenance treatment. Well, maintenance or not I have had wonderful results! My dark shadow of hair has disappeared and I am happier than ever!” *Carol, Chelsea
“Ingrown hairs are a thing of the past. I can finally wear shorts and skirts and my legs are smoother than ever. Mieke’s treatments were professional and thorough and I have recommended her to all my friends and family” *Mary, Oxford
“Holidays are so much easier! No more worrying about hair, shavers rash and shadow or ingrown hairs. Just smooth, uniform, healthy skin” *John, Twickenham
“I should have done this a long time ago! No more painful ingrowns, waxing or shaving… and the horrible marks have lightened considerably. My husband is up next for his neckline! *Nathalie, Notting Hill
“I am very impressed with Mieke. She was very informative, professional and a genuine person. I felt very comfortable with her and have had very good results so far” *Mr Collins, Knightsbridge