Discover the proven Botulinum toxin injections, well known as Botox injection, to help improve facial lines and wrinkles at The London Cosmetic Clinic. All treatments are carried out by our highly experienced cosmetic specialist doctors and dermatologists who can provide you with safe treatments and real results.
Over time, as the sun damages your skin, the temporary wrinkles that form on your face when you move your facial muscles may become permanent. This can unfortunately cause you to look stern, tired or angry even when the underlying muscles are still. This happens because the sun degrades your skin so much that it loses it’s natural elasticity.
Botulinum toxin, popularly known by one of it’s trade names such as Botox, Dysport and Azzalure, is a prescribtion medicine that’s injected to relax the muscles beneath, preventing the creation of wrinkles with age.
What is Botox ?
Botulinum toxin, commonly known as Botox as it’s a very first introduced brand, is a protein produced by the the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It relaxes muscles by temporarily blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle contraction that causes lines and wrinkles.
The cosmetic effect of Botulinum toxin was first documented as early as 1989 while used for migraine treatment, and was approved by the FDA in 2002. It is now regularly used by many, both male and female, as it is less intrusive and less artificial in appearance than traditional form of treament such as plastic surgery
What can be treated?
The common applications are:
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet lines around eyes
- Forehead lines
- Eye brow lifting
- Droopy mouth corners
- Gummy smile
- Smoking lines around the mouth
What is the treatment process?
Prior to the treatment:
Your specialist doctor will medically examine you and make sure you are suitable for the procedure. Topical anesthetic or an ice pack may be applied to numb the area before the injection
The Botulinum toxin will be injected precisely into the treatment areas. The result will gradually appear and final result will be achieved 2 weeks after the treatment
Post treatment :
Avoid touching, rubbing or applying make up on the treated areas for 4 hours. The procedure takes around 15 minutes to complete. Specific after care instructions will be given to you on the day of your treatment by our Clinic Coordinator
Am I suitable for the treatment?
Only you and your doctor can decide if the treatment is right for you and your concerns. During your medical consultation, our expert cosmetic specialist doctors will asses your medical history and make sure you are suitable for the treatment.
Ensure to tell the doctor about all of your medical conditions, including:
- A disease that effects your muscles and nerves such as Myastenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- Allergies to any Botulinum toxin products
- Medication that you are currently taking
- Whether you have had any facial surgery or plan to have surgery
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or breast feeding
Are there any side effects?
Injection related side effects are minimal and temporary such as redness, swelling and bruising. Spreading of the Botox to the muscles nearby can be easily prevented by avoiding rubbing or massaging the treated areas for 4 hours
How long will the results last?
On average 4-6 months. In order to achieve the best prevention of aging lines, it is recommended to have the treatment regularly every 4 months
Will I have a frozen look?
The treatment result is really up to your preference. The doctor will discuss and tailor the treatment to what you prefer. Most patients prefer the fresh and natural look.
What will happen if I stop having the injection?
The relaxant effect of the Botulinum toxin will wear off over time and you can effectively continue or discontinue at any time that suits you. This being said regular treatment will prevent those deeper, more permanent lines that appear with age. There is no long term side effects of Botulinum toxin injection reported until now.
Before & After Gallery
Why should I have the treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Tear trough treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Standard price list
Line & wrinkle treatment (well known as Botox injection)
1 area = £199
2 areas = £299
3 areas = £395
Yearly Botox package (3 visits of 3 areas) = £1050
Per session = £149
Small areas such as smoking lines around the mouth or drooping mouth corner treatment are only an additional £199
* Note: These are standard prices and are subject to individual requirement and promotion. You will be made fully awere of the total cost following a free medical consultation
We offer expert treatments at competitive prices and a free, medical consultation appointment to discuss your suitability. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest special offers and clinic news.
“Dr. Johnson is so gentle, I cant believe I almost fell asleep while having my injections! Thank you for offering me the follow up and free top up appointment, you always make sure I get the best results, much appreciated!” Barbara, Chiswick
“Love the result! My Botox is so natural looking, even my wife couldn’t tell while I look so much fresher. I would definitely keep up with the treatment with you. ” Thomas*, Egypt
“Thank you for your patience with my needle phobia, Dr. Ame. You’ve made me look ten years younger! I will definitely have the treatment with you again” Jane*, London
“All my friends are shocked at how natural and fresh I look since having my Botox and dermal filler treatments at The London Cosmetic Clinic! Thanks for making me look and feel great!” Denise*, Marleybone
* Name changed to protect identity*