The London Cosmetic Clinic offers a variety of specialised laser and SWT/IPL for the treatment of nail fungus. We use the Ellipse Nordlys System- the most versatile and effective platform system on the market.
You may be reading this because you have found that antifungal nail paints don’t work for you or because you have read about the side effects (such as headache, nausea or diarrhoea) or oral antifungal drugs. Ellipse ND:YAG treatment offers a reliable and effective treatment without the risk of uncomfortable side effects.
Who can be affected?
Onychomycosis (nail fungus) can affect finger or toe nails. It becomes more common with age and certain other groups have a higher risk of developing the condition. Athletes, runners and active gym attenders who sweat more or use communal showers tend to develop it. It is also more common in patients who suffer with diabetes, athlete’s foot or who have circulation problems.
What are the symptoms of nail fungus?
- Yellow streaks in the nail bed and on the underside of the nail
- A build up of debris under the nail
- A discoloured, thickened nail that may separate from the skin under the nail
- A powdery nail surface, as the infection gets worse
- A brittle and broken nail
Who can be treated?
All skin and nail types can be treated.
How does the treatment work?
A series of flashes of infrared light is aimed across the whole nail, including the nail folds. This heats up and destroys the fungus that is present. To ensure complete coverage, the whole series of pulses is repeated four times and the individual flashes overlap each other
How long does the treatment take?
As fungus can spread from one nail to another, normally all ten nails are treated. For this reason the whole ten nails normally takes 15minutes to complete
How many sessions do I need?
Typically a course of 3-4 treatment sessions is necessary. We recommend a series of 4 sessions every 2-4 weeks followed by a follow up session 2 months after the last treatment
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
- Like any other treatment of nail fungus, Ellipse Nordlys Onychomycosis treatment is a treatment, not a cure. It treats the existing problem, but does not provide immunity against infection in the future
- Please make sure you remove any nail polish or gels before your session
Does it hurt?
Not at all, it’s the same sensation as “gentle warmth”
How can I be sure Ellipse is safe and effective?
Clinical trials documenting Ellipse’s safety and effectiveness were carried out by leading doctors prior to the launch of the treatments, and these were published in respected, referenced medical journals. You are welcome to view these scientific papers on the Ellipse website at www.ellipse.com.
Why have Treatments at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.