At The London Cosmetic Clinic we offer the sagging jaw line treatment which is completed by a highly experienced, cosmetic doctor.
As we age, many people experience two little indentations that occur on the jaw line directly below the outside corners of their mouth, from the sagging down of lower cheek skin. These indentations, or notches, interrupt the smoothness of the jaw line and can give it a shape that looks a little bit like an “S.” Medically this is called prejowl sulcus. When we are young, the jaw line from ear to chin is smooth.
Fortunately, if the sagging is mild to moderate, non surgical treatments such as Dermal filler injections can correct this problem easily.
What is Dermal filler?
Dermal fillers are materials that are frequently used to correct scarring, line, fold and other depressions in the skin. They are a kind of soft tissue designed to be injected into the skin for purposes of improving the appearance. Generally, they are made of several types of materials of synthetic, man-made and natural categories, and they have been developed into various standards depending on the level of usage.
Which type of dermal filler is used during the treatment?
The most common dermal filler used is a temporary filler called Hyaluronic acid (such as Restylane and Juvederm)
Hyaluronic acid is one of nature’s most versatile and fascinating substances. It is found throughout the body as well as in most other living organisms. It has many functions, from giving the skin elasticity and providing our skin with volume, giving it a youthful appearance. Restylane and Juvederm are sterile gels consisting of non-animal, cross-linked, hyaluronic acid (HA) and are made in a laboratory. They contain no human or animal DNA and have the best safety profile of all the fillers currently on the market as it is the only type of filler that is reversible.These products are FDA approved for use in the nasolabial fold and are used “off-label” in other areas.
What does the dermal filler injection involve?
Prior the treatment : Topical anaesthetic will be applied for up to 30 minutes prior the treatment to make the area numb
The procedure : Dermal filler is injected at precise locations into your skin. The doctor will then massage to smooth the product. During the procedure, you are fully awake. You will be given a mirror to hold to enable you to see the results as the doctor completes the treatment.
Post treatment : You should avoid touching or applying make up on the treated area for 6 hours in order to prevent infection. Specific post treatment instructions will be given to you on the day of your treatment by our Clinic Coordinator
The results are immediate and last from 6-12 months. As the results are relatively temporary, adjustments can be made as your face changes over time and you will always retain a natural look
Is there any side effects?
After the treatment(s) some common injection-related reactions might occur, such as swelling, redness, pain, itching, discoloration and tenderness at the injection site. These typically resolve spontaneously within 2 to 10 days. Mild bruising or a slight blush might appear at the injection site immediately following treatment and may last for 2-10 days. Dermal fillers are NOT to be used during pregnancy.
How do I avoid bruising?
To avoid swelling and bruising, you should:
- Not take aspirin, exedrin, ibuprofen, aleve or advil for 1 week before and 2 days after treatment. Tylenol is always fine
- Not take Vitamin E (multivitamin ok) or St. John’s Wort for 2-3 days before or after
- Avoid exercise except for walking for 24 hours after the procedure
- Take arnica tablets up to 2 weeks prior to the treatment
How long will the results last?
The result last 9-12 months.
The longevity of these products is variable and each individual may obtain a different result. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent result leaving you the option of refining your treatment in tune with changing taste and fashion
Why Should I have the treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Tear trough treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Standard price list
The cost depend on amount of product used. The treatment cost starts from £395.
We offer expert treatments at competitive prices and a free, medical consultation appointment to discuss your suitability. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest special offers and clinic news.
* Note: These are standard price and are subject to individual requirement and promotion. You will be made fully awere of the total cost following a free, medical consultation.
“I’m so happy with the results of my sagging jaw treatment. I used to think I needed a face lift to fix this until my friend recommended me to Dr. Johnson. The treatment is simple and not painful at all. I will definitely keep having the treatment with you, thank you so much!” Catherine*, St Johns wood
“Thank you for the nice work you have done for my sagging jaw. I definitely look 10 years younger! I will recommend you to all my friends” Sallie*, Horsham
*Name changed to protect patient identity