The London Cosmetic Clinic offers expert treatments to assist with acne removal and maintenance. The technically advanced, intense pulsed light system solves many unwanted problems. Your personal requirements are overseen and performed, in confidence, by our independent senior IPL specialist, Mieke Morgan
Acne is a real problem for most people varying in age and skin type. Regardless of one’s situation, everyone experiences some form of an unsightly, inconvenient outbreak at some point in their lives.
There are many myths about the causes of acne, most surround diet and hygiene, however neither are accurate. Acne can be caused by the body’s increased production of the hormone androgen (produced by both men and women) which stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. The increased production of oil causes the pores to become blocked so that the oil cannot come up to the skin’s surface. The proprionbacterium/p-acne then feed on and break down this oil. As the bacteria multiplies, waste products and sebacic acid are created and irritate the sebaceous gland which becomes inflamed causing a blackhead (open comedone), pimple or nodule.
Types of Acne:
The Ellipse IPL treats 3 types of acne:
- Acne vulgaris :
Clogging of the hair follicles that leads to unsightly and sometime painful, skin lesions and pimples
- Acne conglobata :
Covers the back, chest, and buttocks with pustules and nodules, which might cause a severe bacterial infection, as well as extensive scarring
- Acne rosacea :
An inflammation of the face, neck or chest
The treatment with the Ellipse IPL works in 2 ways
- The light targets the porphyrins produced by the P. acnes bacteria in the skin. A photodynamic reaction occurs and produces the free radical single oxygen which performs a selective destruction of the P. acnes themselves. With successive treatments the rate of acne destruction can become greater than the growth of the bacteria leading to a reduction in the inflamed lesions and can prevent further traumatic scarring
- The light is absorbed into the blood vessels which supply the sebaceous glands. By heating up the capillaries this will reduce the blood flow to the sebaceous glands and decrease the over-production of oil in the skin
The schedule is 4 treatments, to take place once every 3-4 weeks. This routine can be repeated again to achieve further results if necessary
Who can we treat?
On the Fitzpatrick scale skin types 1-3 and 4 can be treated with caution
Does it hurt?
Tolerance of pain varies from person to person. Many patients describe the sensation as a warming sensation, similar to the feeling one has after a day on the beach
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
The Ellipse acne treatment is a combination therapy. We recommend you use adapalene (Differin or Redap) cream or gel. Sun exposure should be avoided 30 days post and prior treatment and a SPF30+ must be worn daily
What can I expect?
Clients may notice some general redness on the face. Following the treatment, pigmented areas may appear darker and will eventually disappear.
Due to the bacteria being difficult to eradicate completely, you will probably be recommended to continue using adaplene cream or gel some months after the treatment has ended.
Why have treatments at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Standard Price List
Please do not hesitate to request a price list by sending an enquiry email to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can email us with the areas that you’re interested in treating and we will contact you via email or via our call back services.