Over time, the quality of your skin changes – collagen and elastic fibers disintegrate and the spread and function of the body’s own hyaluronic acid changes. This results in drier, thinner, rougher skin with less elasticity.
Look after your skin by adding hyaluronic acid through injections under the skin surface. The hyaluronic acid restores the hydro balance and improves the structure, firmness and elasticity of the skin.
What areas can be treated?
- Facial skin
- Lip wrinkles
What is Hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is one of nature’s most versatile and fascinating substances. It is found throughout the body as well as in most other living organisms. It has many functions, from giving the skin elasticity and providing our skin with volume, therefore giving it a youthful appearance. Restylane and Juvederm are sterile gels consisting of non-animal, cross-linked, hyaluronic acid (HA) created in a laboratory. They contain no human or animal DNA and have the best safety profile of all the fillers currently on the market as it is the only type of filler that is reversible.These products are FDA approved for use in the nasolabial folds and are used “off-label” in other areas
What does the treatment involve?
Prior to the treatment:
A numbing cream will be applied to the area for 15-30 minutes. The area is then cleaned with antiseptic and marked accordingly
A series of hyaluronic acid injections will be injected at the treatment area. Your doctor will then massage the area to smooth the product
Post treatment :
You should avoid touching or applying make up on the treated area for 6 hours in order to prevent infection. Specific post treatment instructions will be given to you on the day of your treatment by our Clinic Coordinator. The treatment usually requires at least 3-5 sessions, 2-4 weeks apart. The results are visible after the third session and the effects will last for around 6 months. It is recommend to repeat the treatment every 3-6 months to maintain the results
Who should not have the treatment?
Do not proceed with the treatment if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Are there any side effects?
After the treatment(s) some common, post injection effects can occur such as pain, itching, discoloration and tenderness at the injection site. These typically resolve spontaneously within 2 to 10 days. Mild bruising or a slight blush might appear at the injection site immediately following treatment and may last for 2-10 days. We recommend arnica to help speed up this post treatment effect
How do I avoid bruising?
To avoid swelling and bruising, you should:
- Not take aspirin, exedrin, ibuprofen, aleve or advil for 1 week before and 2 days after treatment. Tylenol is fine to take
- Not take Vitamin E (multivitamin ok) or St. John’s Wort for 2-3 days before or after
- Avoid exercise except for walking for 24 hours after the procedure
- Take arnica tablets up to 2 weeks prior to the treatment
How long the result last?
The results last 9-12 months
The longevity of these products is variable and each individual may obtain a different result. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent result leaving you the option of refining your treatment in tune with changing taste and fashion
Why should I have treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST DOCTORS: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Hyperhidrosis procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment ( Botox, Dysport, Vistabel, Azzalure, Restylane and Juvedrem)
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) and SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic, this ensures that we carried out high standard treatments, hygiene and care to our patients.
The cost will depend on the amount of product used. The treatment price starts from £250
We offer expert treatments at competitive prices and a free, medical consultation appointment to discuss your suitability. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest special offers and clinic news.