The London Cosmetic Clinic offers a variety of specialised laser and SWT/I2PL vascular and hyperpigmentation treatments. We use the Ellipse Nordlys System- the most versatile and effective platform system on the market.
How does the Ellipse Nordlys treatment work?
Short, safe bursts of light are directed at the skin. This may be visible intense pulsed light or from a laser, depending on the condition you want treated. The system filters the light to ensure the wavelengths used are absorbed by haemoglobin in the blood or melanin from the overactive melanocytes (dark pigment). The light is converted to heat, which destroys the protein in the wall of the vessels and melanin causing it to gradually disappear after treatment. To ensure the best light transmission, a thin layer of gel is applied to your skin before treatment
What conditions can the Ellipse Nordlys treat at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
- Rosacea - Redness and swelling of the face. Usually accompanied by acne or pustules
- Poikiloderma of Civatte – “brown perfume stains”. A combination of telangiectasia, irregular pigmentation and changes to the skin. Mainly on the neck and chest area
- Sun Spots/ age spots/ liver spots caused by unprotected sun exposure.
- Red or purple stretch marks
- Epidermal Melasma - hyper-pigmentation of the face
- Café au lait macules – light tan to brown flat lesions containing a lot of melanin
- Cherry angiomas/Campbell de Morgan spots/ senile haemangioma - bright red to bluish spots mainly appearing on the trunk of patients above the age of 30
- Dark circles under the eye – blue/black discolouration under the eyes
- Diffuse redness – a red blush especially on the cheek area
- Facial Telangiectasia (thread veins)
- Hemosiderin – rust like marks loosely following the pattern of a vessel previously treated
- Venous Lakes – blue or purple, soft, raised skin
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
- It is important to avoid tanning (sun, solarium or self-tanning products) before and during the treatment period otherwise your tanned skin will absorb more light which makes the treatment less effective and less comfortable
- It is also a good idea to avoid smoking 4 hours prior to treatment. Generally, no special care is necessary after treatment, but people with sensitive skin may benefit from applying a cold compress (a cold damp cloth) to the area immediately after treatment or from using an ointment prescribed by the doctor
- After treatment, you should avoid sun exposure for 30 days, even if there is no sign of inflammation in the treated area
Does the treatment hurt?
No anaesthetics are required, many patients describe the treatment as being like a snap from a rubber band followed by a sensation similar to the feeling of gentle sunburn
How much does it cost?
We offer complimentary consultations and patch tests to our patients. Prices are always confirmed prior to your treatments. The prices depend on the type of treatment required as well as the area treated
How can I be sure Ellipse is safe and effective?
Clinical trials documenting Ellipse’s safety and effectiveness were carried out by leading doctors prior to the launch of the treatments, and these were published in respected, referenced medical journals. You are welcome to view these scientific papers on the Ellipse website at www.ellipse.com.
Why should I have treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.