The London Cosmetic Clinic offers a variety of specialised laser and SWT/I2PL vascular and skin treatments. We use the Ellipse Nordlys System- the most versatile and effective platform system on the market.
As we age, valves in our leg veins become less efficient, so less blood is pumped back from the legs. This means blood vessels in our legs become larger, darker and more visible. In severe cases, varicose veins may form and may require surgical treatment (vein stripping). Other vessels can be treated by injections (sclerotherapy). Smaller vessels (leg telangiectasias) are often treated by laser, such as the Ellipse Nd:YAG laser.
How does the Ellipse treatment work?
Ellipse leg vein treatment uses a precisely calculated pulse of laser energy, exactly directed to the vessel being treated. This causes the blood inside the vessel to heat up, causing the wall of the vessel to collapse. The vessel is reabsorbed naturally by your white blood cells. The skin surrounding the vessel is not affected by the treatment
Who can be treated?
Any skin type can be treated, however it does depend on the size of your leg vessels and also you medical history
Does the treatment hurt?
Ellipse leg vein treatments are done by making use of the latest cooling technique- SoftCool TM- to minimize discomfort and protect the surrounding skin. Most people find that treatment of smaller vessels is practically PAIN FREE. Even treatment of larger vessels is only mildly uncomfortable. The results are worth it. Ellipse treatments hurts less than those from most other Nd:YAG systems
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
- Avoid sun exposure in the four weeks leading up to your treatment
- Avoid smoking 4 hours before your treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for 30 days after your treatment
- Use an SPF 30 on the area if sun exposure cannot be avoided
When can I see my results?
Smaller vessels can disappear immediately after treatment, larger ones fade away more gradually over the next few weeks. Normally patients experience a little redness and or swelling (this can last for 2 days) in the treated area. Rarely, blood may collect in the treated vessel. In this case your doctor will most likely request that you call back two days after your treatment
How many sessions do I need?
This depends on the number of vessels to be treated. We usually recommend 1-3 sessions
How much does it cost?
We offer complimentary consultations and patch tests to our patients. Prices are always confirmed prior to your treatments. Generally prices start from £75.
How can I be sure Ellipse is safe and effective?
Clinical trials documenting Ellipse’s safety and effectiveness were carried out by leading doctors prior to the launch of the treatments, and these were published in respected, referenced medical journals. You are welcome to view these scientific papers on the Ellipse website at www.ellipse.com.
Why should I have treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.