Enhance the beauty of your lips with Juvederm and Restylane dermal fillers, administered by an experienced, specialist, cosmetic doctor at The London Cosmetic Clinic.
Lips are an important part of facial beauty. For many people, fuller and more sensuous lips come high on their wish list. These can be created using material naturally found in the body. A simple, safe, temporary dermal filler treatment can add volume and definition which can enhance small, thin lips. The procedure can also balance out asymmetric lips or reduce the appearance of those fine, vertical lines.
Lip enhancement can be performed at many different areas of the lips :
- Vermilion border or lip outline - for creating definition, width and improve lipstick bleeding lines
- Lip augmentation targeting the fleshy part of the upper and lower lip – for volume, pout and fullness
- Cupids bow definition – adds definition and contouring
- Oral commissures or lines going down from the sides of the mouth – for a younger and happy look
- Marionette lines (sad lines from corner of lips downward) – also known as puppet lines
Philtrum ridges that go from the upper lip towards the nose can be made more defined.
- Perioral lines or fine vertical lines often due to smoking on the upper lip can be reduced
What does the procedure involve?
Prior the treatment : Topical anaesthetic will be applied for 15-30 minutes prior the treatment to make the area numb
The procedure : Dermal filler is injected at precise locations into your skin. The doctor will then massage to smooth the product. During the procedure, you are fully awake. You will be given a mirror to hold to enable you to see the results as the doctor completes the treatment.
Post treatment : You should avoid touching or applying make up on the treated area for 6 hours in order to prevent infection. Specific post treatment instructions will be given to you on the day of your treatment by our Clinic Coordinator
The results are immediate and last from 6-12 months. As the results are relatively temporary, adjustments can be made as your face changes over time and you will always retain a natural look
Before & After Gallery
Is the procedure painful?
We understand the lips are a sensitive area. A range of anesthesias, such as an ice pack, numbing cream and dental nerve block can be provided depend upon your preference. In addition, we use the products which contain anaesthetic, therefore the treatment is relatively comfortable. Our doctors are all highly experienced in this procedure and will ensure to make your treatment as comfortable as possible
Will I see the results immediately?
After the injection, the lips often become a little swollen. This means that the result immediately after the treatment may not be the final result. The swelling typically resolves spontaneously within a couple of days. To achieve the result you want, it is recommended to have a touch-up treatment 2 to 4 weeks after the initial session. This will also add to the duration of the treatment effect
How long will the results last?
The result generally last between 6 to 12 months. The longevity of these products is variable and each individual may obtain a different result. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent result leaving you the option of refining your treatment in tune with changing taste and fashion
What is a dermal filler?
Dermal fillers are materials that are frequently used to correct scarring, wrinkles, and other depressions in the skin. They are often a kind of soft tissue designed in such a way that enables injection into the skin for purposes of improving the appearance. Generally, they are made of several types of materials of synthetic, man-made and natural categories. They have been developed into various standards depending on the level of usage
Which type of dermal filler is used to for lip enhancement?
The most common dermal filler used for the lip area is Hyaluronic acid (such as Restylane and Juvederm)
Hyaluronic acid is one of nature’s most versatile and fascinating substances. It is found throughout the body as well as in most other living organisms. It has many functions, for example, giving the skin elasticity, providing our skin with volume and also giving it a youthful appearance. Restylane and Juvederm are sterile gels consisting of non-animal, cross-linked, hyaluronic acid (HA) and are created in a laboratory. They contain no human or animal DNA and have the best safety profile of all the fillers currently on the market as it is the only type of filler that is reversible. These products are FDA approved for use in the nasolabial fold and are used “off-label” in other areas
Who should NOT use Dermal filler?
Do not use if you are pregnant or breast feeding
What are the possible medical side effects of a dermal filler like Juvederm or Restylane?
If you’ve previously had cold sores around the mouth (facial herpes simplex) , the treatment might provoke an outbreak. Be sure you have a supply of the oral tablets (prescription) Valtrex, Famvir or acyclovir.
Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing because these products have not been tested for safety in pregnancy or nursing.
What are the possible cosmetic side effects?
You may have swelling for 24-72 hours, especially with injections in the lips. It is recomended to avoid planning social events for 48 hours
After the treatment(s) some common injection-related reactions might occur, such as swelling, redness, pain, itching, discoloration and tenderness at the injection site. These typically resolve spontaneously within 2 to 10 days
Mild bruising or a slight blush might appear at the injection site immediately following treatment and may last for 2-10 days
How can I avoid bruising?
To avoid swelling and bruising, you should:
- Not take aspirin, exedrin, ibuprofen, aleve or advil for 1 week before and 2 days after treatment. Tylenol is always fine
- Not take Vitamin E (multivitamin ok) or St. John’s Wort for 2-3 days before or after
- Avoid exercise except for walking for 24 hours after the procedure
- Take arnica tablets up to 2 weeks prior to the treatment
Why should I have the treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Tear trough treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Standard Price List
Lip enhancement starts from £250 for 0.5ml or £395 for 1ml. We offer a reduced price of £599 for 1.5ml of product
* Note: These are standard price and are subject to individual requirement and promotion. You will be made fully awere of the total cost following a free consultation*
We offer expert treatments at competitive prices and a free, medical consultation appointment to discuss your suitability. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest special offers and clinic news
Anabel*, Islington “Thank you for my beautiful lips you have created for me. My pout looks subtly larger and I have got a lot of compliments about it!”
Glennys*, Chelsea “I have always been conscious about my smoking lines around my mouth and as I age, my lips have become thinner. Dr. Salinda Johnson has advised me to have filler to correct the lines and lips’s border enhancement. I am very happy with the result and will definitely recommend the doctor and clinic to all my friends”
Maria*, Maida Vale “I cannot stop looking at my lips now. It was wrinkly and thin before but now it’s nice and full. Thank you so much Dr. Ame for my gorgeous lips. I will definitely recommend anybody who wants their lips enhanced to have treatment with you”
* Names changed to protect patient identity*