”AQUALYX” is one of the most popular and effective fat removal and body sculpting procedures The London Cosmetic Clinic offers. It is for those who want to loose fat at stubborn areas of the body.
The human body naturally stores fat, subcutaneous fat, in order to supply energy in times of need. Every body distributes the subcutaneous body fat by a genetically determined pattern. In almost all cases this inherent distribution cannot be remedied by a special diet or increased physical exercise. Aqualyx injections are very effective and is a non-invasive treatment for face and body sculpting. If you do not want invasive surgery and cannot afford the down time and discomfort of invasive liposuction, this is a great treatment to consider.
AQUALYX™ is used for the dissolution of fat deposits. It can be administered over the entire body, except the area around the eyes
Face : double chin, prejowl sulcus
Body : upper arms, armpits, waist, hips, saddlebags, knees, shackles, augmented fat deposits located on buttocks, chest and inner thighs
Other : lipoma, buffalo hump
AQUALYX™ is an injection procedure that is conducted as follows:
• Comprehensive consultation
• Involved discussion and signing of patient consent form
• Marking of the affected area
• Injection of AQUALYX™ in the subcutaneous fat deposit
• An ultrasound machine is applied to enhance the penetration of medication into fat cell for better results
• Follow-up treatment after further consultation with your practitioner
After a treatment with AQUALYX™ :
• The treated area should not be exposed to direct heat (sauna, sun, etc.) or severe cold
• Physical exercise should be avoided for about 4 to 5 days.
• Application of cosmetics to the treated area should be avoided for at least 12 hours.
• Intake of anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen etc.) should be avoided
• Bruising may develop within the treated area.
• Post treatment effects may occur to the treated area such as: itching and burning sensations, feeling of pressure, minor aches, pains and swelling
AQUALYX™ is an injectable, hydrous,micro-gelantuoussolution, which is biocompatible and biodegradable. It causes the dissolution of fat cells, after which the body then expels the released fatty acids naturally. AQUALYX™
is a complex containing detergent from the desoxycholate family that has been physically modified in order to reduce the biological half-life and the sugar-based slow release system results in minimal side effects
The solution is injected into the fat through a special AQUALYX™sharp cannula using a unique trained technique.Usually 2 injection spots are required per region with the amount of product used differing according to the area of fat being treated. Lidocaine can be added to the solution before injecting to improve patient comfort levels; the treatment is relatively painless with a warm sensation. Itching, slight burning, slight oedema and reddening can occur post treatment and last for 1-3 days within the treated area.
The number of treatments required can vary dependent on the area/amount being treated with as little as 1 or possibly 2 treatments required up to 8; repeat treatments occur every 4 weeks
Swelling and minor bruising can sometimes occur directly after the procedure, but they should disappear within days, if not hours, of leaving the recovery room. The swelling will reduce within a week. Once the swelling disappears, your recovery is finished and you will be able view the results in a matter of 2 months.
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in this treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and an approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards
I recently decided to have the fat removed from under my chin, it was a stubborn area that no matter how hard I tried with diet and the gym I couldn’t shift. I went with Dr Johnson’s recommendation and have been very happy with the result ever since. Great staff too, always in contact to see how I was healing. I would recommend this treatment and the clinic to anyone.
Thank you Ladies
Contact one of our reception team today to book a complimentary consultation with one of our medical professionals.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Knightsbridge clinic.REQUEST A CALL