The London Cosmetic Clinic, Knightsbridge, offer a range of treatments for Hyperpigmentation (dark brown patches of skin) by an experienced cosmetic doctor.
Hyperpigmentation is defined as excess pigmentation in a bodily part or tissue, including the skin.
Hyperpigmentation removal treatments target darkened areas of your skin, which may be a result of hormones, sun damage, injuries, your skin type, medications or acne. This includes melasma, sometimes called “the mask of pregnancy” which is marked by brown to gray-brown patches on the face that occur as a result of hormonal changes associated with pregnancy or run in family.
Check Our Pricelist
12 hours (resume with normal daily activities)
Time to See Results
Repeat in 4 weeks. Up to 4 sessions required.
Many forms of hyper – pigmentation are caused by an excess production of melanin. Hyper – pigmentation can be diffuse or focal, affecting such areas as the face and the back of the hands. Melanin is produced by melanocytes at the lower layer of the epidermis. Melanin is a class of pigment responsible for producing color in the body in places such as the eyes, skin, and hair. As the body ages, melanocyte distribution becomes less diffuse and its regulation less controlled by the body. UV light stimulates melanocyte activity, and where concentrations of the cells are denser than surrounding areas, hyper – pigmentation is effected.
Hyper – pigmentation may be caused by sun damage, inflammation, hormone, or other skin injuries, including those related to acne that induce excessive melanin production. People with darker Asian, Mediterranean or African skin tones are also more prone to hyper – pigmentation, especially if they have excess sun exposure.
How you treat your hyper – pigmentation is based on its cause, your aesthetic goals and your skin type. The first step is to consult with our dermatologist to determine the cause of your hyper – pigmentation. She will examine your skin, take a thorough medical history and suggest a treatment strategy based on these findings. She will also discuss the risks, costs and recovery period associated with any recommended hyper – pigmentation removal procedures.
Treatment options may involve the use of bleaching creams or a change in your skin care routine. Some options may be as simple as switching your current medication to an alternative that does not affect your skin tone; others may be more invasive.
available treatments for hyper – pigmentation:
Hydroquinone: it has been prescribed by doctor as a gold standard treatment for hyperpigmentation. It is a bleaching agent that reduce melanin production. Melanin is the pigment that give our skin color. Sometimes they are combined with other products such as Retin-A to achieve the desired effects.
Retin-A: This medication is a prescription topical retinoid (derived from Vitamin A) that exfoliates skin and speeds up new skin cell growth, diminishing dark, uneven skin patches along the way. It is available in several strengths and is often prescribed in a step-up fashion. It may be prescribed with hydroquinone or another bleaching agent.
Other exfoliating cream: Phytic acid or glycolic acid for example. They also exfoliate skin and speeds up new skin cell growth, diminishing dark, uneven skin patches. It is available in several strengths and is often prescribed in a step-up fashion too.
At the London cosmetic clinic, we provide one of the most effective medication for Hyper – pigmentation, the Obagi Nuderm system which contain all of the medication list above. Our experience dermatologist will prescribe the specific instruction for you individually after he consultation which will significantly maximize the results.
Please find out more about Obagi Nuderm system at out treatment& service list.
The procedure involves the application of a chemical solution to the surface of the skin to produce the careful removal of its outer layers which contain old dull skin cell and pigmentation. Allow the skin to reproduce new younger cell and collagen in more organize pattern, leave you with clear porcelain skin. The amount of skin removed will depend on the type of chemical used, the strength of this product and how long it is left on the skin.
At the Londoncosmetic clinic, we offer a range of skin peels which you can find out more in the ” Chemical skin peel” section from our treatment& service list. However, the dermatologist will advise you at your consultation which peel is suitable for your hyper pigmentation problem if it needed.
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Whenever I ring my call is always answered in a very friendly manner. I have my obagi peel treatment by Mieke and she is so nice and so good. One of the staff Narjis, aside from she is so pretty (all of you are) she is so nice, accommodating, approachable and very professional but at the same time she always makes me comfortable before and after treatment. You guys are the best. I am always looking forward to come back.
Contact one of our reception team today to book a complimentary consultation with one of our medical professionals.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Knightsbridge clinic.REQUEST A CALL