The London Cosmetic Clinic offers advanced Ellipse hair removal treatment using an advanced Intense pulsed light system. Your personal requirements are overseen and performed, in confidence, by our experienced team.
Ellipse hair removal uses short, safe bursts of light emitted from a flash-lamp to treat specific skin conditions. The Ellipse IPL system uses a method called Selective Photothermolysis for the treatment of a wide range of skin conditions including the removal of unwanted hair, the treatment of sun-damaged skin, acne, and vascular skin disorders
Laser hair removal treatments and treatments with intense pulsed light both work in the same way, choosing wavelengths that are absorbed by the target. While a laser uses one given wavelength which is one colour, one phase and one direction, this makes it more difficult to control and more difficult to guarantee optimal results. Intense pulsed light uses a broad spectrum of wavelengths which is made up of different colours, different phases and different directions. This focuses on the problem at hand and guarantees results for more hair types/colours. Intense pulsed light is like using a group of different lasers in one single treatment.
Ellipse hair removal has been clinically proven to be safe and effective through years of clinical trials and studies. The settings used for your treatment will be based on the settings recommended by the clinicians who carried out the clinical trials. Ellipse carefully controls the amount of energy and pulses and delivers the desired energy in the optimal waveband for the treatment. These factors explain why millions of treatments have been so successful and to such a high standard
The Ellipse IPL system treats many of the most common and most annoying skin problems:
Shaving, waxing, tweezing and hair removal creams have been replaced by hair removal in a flash! Hair removal treatment has become the norm rather than a luxury due to its safety and effectiveness resulting in healthy, smooth skin and outstanding hair reduction. With one session every 4-6 weeks, results will result in no more ingrown hairs, reduced shaving and nourished skin. This means that other painful means of hair removal can totally be avoided.
Time to See Results
Repeat in 4-6 weeks. Up to 6 sessions required.
Light is guided from the flash-lamp to the treatment area in the correct wavelength. The pigment (melanin) in your hair absorbs the light and converts it to heat. This heat then destroys the follicle and renders it unable to produce a new hair. The most efficient treatment is seen with dark hair and lighter skin, but with the Ellipse system a variety of skin and hair types can be treated successfully
1 treatment every 4-8 weeks (an average of 6 sessions is usually required)
With the Ellipse hair removal treatment the results are as follows:
-The number of hairs will become reduced in the treatment area
-Hair will become finer in the treatment area
-Hair will become less pigmented in the treatment area
The treatment sensation varies from area to area and from client to client. Most clients describe the sensation as quite moderate almost like the snapping of a rubber band accompanied by a heat sensation, which only lasts for a short moment
It is important not to remove hair by plucking, tweezing and waxing during the entire four weeks before and during treatments. This ensures that as many hair follicles as possible contain a hair and thus can be destroyed by the light. It is important to avoid tanning before and during the treatment period to avoid the tanned skin from absorbing more light, which makes treatment less effective. Generally, no post-treatment care is necessary, but people with very sensitive skin may benefit from using a soothing aloe vera gel together with a sunscreen (min SPF 30)
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and an approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
“I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and had suffered from excessive hair growth on my face for a very long time. Mieke enlightened me of the treatment regime with Ellipse IPL hair removal and stressed that it would be more of a maintenance treatment. Well, maintenance or not I have had wonderful results! My dark shadow of hair has disappeared and I am happier than ever!”
Contact one of our reception team today to book a complimentary consultation with one of our medical professionals.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Knightsbridge clinic.REQUEST A CALL