The London Cosmetic Clinic is proud to offer hay fever prevention treatment with steroid injection. All treatments are carried out by our team of highly experienced doctors.
Hay fever, also known as allergic rhinitis, is nasal inflammation caused when the immune system overreacts to the allergens such as pollen, pet hair, dust or mould. Two components contribute to the development of allergies: inherited genetics and environmental exposures.
Symptoms and signs of this concern are running or stuffy nose, sneezing, red itchy nose and watery eyes which occur within minutes after exposure and can affect sleep, the ability to concentrate and work. Many people with hay fever also have asthma, allergic conjunctivitis or atopic dermatitis.
IgE antibodies coupled with the allergen activates the release of inflammatory chemicals such as histamine from mast cells. The symptoms of allergies are similar with a common cold, but they often last more than two weeks and do not include a fever.
Treatments of hayfever may improve symptoms. This includes nasal steroids, antihistamines and leukotriene receptor antagonists, however they can be ineffective or associated with side effects.
A quick steroid injection (Triamcinolone) has been proven to be an effective treatment and prevention for hay fever.
Check Our Pricelist
Kenalog is a corticosteroid and contains triamcinolone. Tramcinolone injection reduces the release of inflammatory chemicals such as histamine and can give hay fever symptoms remission that lasts for the duration of the entire pollen or allergen season.
Triamcinolone (Kenalog) can be given intra muscular. The licensed indications include use in seasonal allergies in patients who do not respond to conventional therapy
Before the procedure: Your highly experienced doctor will discuss your concerns and medical background whilst explaining, in detail, as to how the hay fever procedure takes place. This will include the benefits, the risks and possible complications and the possible results
During the procedure: The doctor will inject the Kenalog into the buttocks area. One injection is necessary.
After the procedure: Patients are advised to keep the area clean and not to touch the needle entry point to reduce risk of infection for 4 hours post treatment.
Dermal/sub-dermal atrophy or changes in the make-up of the connective tissue and depressions in the skin at the injection site may occur due to the presence of adrenal steroid crystals in the dermis.
Do not use Kenalog if you are allergic to triamcinolone.
To make sure you can safely use Kenalog, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions: any skin infection, especially tuberculosis infection of the skin; chicken pox or herpes infection (including cold sores); diabetes; or a stomach ulcer.
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Tear trough treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
“I went for a treatment at The London cosmetic and the results are just amazing. If you are genuinely looking for good treatments, results and service then you should definitely choose this clinic!”
Contact one of our reception team today to book a complimentary consultation with one of our medical professionals.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Knightsbridge clinic.REQUEST A CALL