Smile confidently with a small Botulinum toxin injection for gummy smile treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic. All treatments are carried out by our expert cosmetic doctors. Gummy Smile is when some people smile, their upper lip elevates far above their upper teeth, exposing the gums. This happens due to several causes. One of the cause is hyperactive muscles elevating the upper lip. Occasionally, the gummy smile is also exacerbated by a thin upper lip that further contributes to the problem by exposing the upper gum even more. Fortunately, gummy smile can be simply and effectively corrected by Botulinum toxin injections to reduce the activity of the muscle that elevates the upper lip.
A full medical consultation will be completed to confirm your suitability for the treatment .The doctor may examine your ability to move certain muscles to determine location, size and use of the muscles that cause the area of concern. The desired results will then be discussed and a treatment plan will be created
A small amount of Botulinum toxin will be injected at both sides of the junction of nostril and nose to mouth fold to weaken the muscles. Within the next 3-10 days, elevation of the upper lip will gradually become less and your new smile is transformed! You will show less gum and have much more confidence to smile without inhibition. The full result will be achieved 2 weeks after the treatment
Avoid touching, massaging or apply cosmetics or creams to the area for 6 hours. This will reduce risk of infection. All aftercare instructions will be discussed with you before the treatment by our Clinic Coordinator.
Time to See Results
Up to 4-6 months
Botulinum toxin is a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It relaxes the muscle by temporarily blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that lift the upper lip up when smiling. The cosmetic effect of Botulinum toxin was first documented as early as 1989 and was approved by the FDA in 2002. It is now regularly used by many, both male and female, as it is less intrusive and less artificial in appearance than traditional form of treament such as plastic surgery
Only you and the doctor can decide if the treatment is the one for you. During your medical consultation, our expert cosmetic doctor will asses your medical history and make sure you are suitable for the treatment. Be sure to inform the doctor about any pre-excisting medical conditions such as:
Injection related side effects are minimal and temporary such as redness, swelling, bruising. Spreading of the Botulinum toxin to the muscle nearby that can cause temporally relaxation can be easily prevented by avoid rubbing or massaging the treated areas for approximately 4 hours post treatment
The results last 4-6 months. The longevity of the result is variable and each individual may obtain a different result. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent results leaving you the option of refining your treatment in tune with changing taste and fashion
Your smile will go back to where it was. You can stop and start having treatment again when ever you prefer providing that you are suitable
1. SPECIALIST DOCTORS: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Hyperhidrosis procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Oxford street and Bond street. We are based a 5 minute walk from Oxford sreet and Bond street tube stations.
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) approved & regulated clinic, this ensures that we carried out high standard treatments, hygiene and care to our patients.
“I cannot stop smiling to myself after having gummy smile treatment with Dr. Johnson. This treatment is so easy and works amazingly! Thank you for the nice work and giving me a beautiful smile. I will definitely see you again in four months time”
Contact one of our reception team today to book a complimentary consultation with one of our medical professionals.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Knightsbridge clinic.REQUEST A CALL