The London Cosmetic Clinic offers an alternative to skin rejuvenation. The treatment is completed using the technically advanced Ellipse, intense pulsed light system. Your personal requirements are overseen and performed, in confidence, by our independent senior IPL specialist, Mieke Morgan.
Everybody loves the sunshine! It is good for the soul and the immediate effects it has on the skin such as a tan and healthy glow are much desired. However, in the long term sun exposure decreases the production of collagen and leads to uneven pigmentation, redness and a lack of firmness.
Our Ellipse IPL Skin rejuvenation treatment rejuvenates the skin by removing pigmentation, diffuses redness and leaves the skin feeling smoother and more even in texture.Check Our Pricelist
12 hours (resume with normal daily activities)
Time to See Results
Repeat in 4 weeks. Up to 4 sessions required.
Age spots and hyper pigmentation contains melanin and diffuse redness contains haemoglobin. The light is absorbed by the melanin in the pigmented area and the heat reaction effect, breaks down the melanin in the keratinocytes. A photo toxic reaction occurs in the melanin vesicles and the excess melanin turns darker before it comes away from the skin. The light is also absorbed by the superficial blood vessels in the skin. The heat reaction caused coagulates blood vessels, destroys protein in the wall of the vessel and stimulates collagen production
Skin rejuvenation is the treatment of sun damaged skins. The IPL laser treatment can be used for diffuse redness (high colour) and pigmented lesions such as hyper pigmentation, solar lentigines (sun spots) and freckles
The best results are seen with clients of skin types 1-3 and skin type 4 can be treated with care. It is important that the client avoids sun exposure 30-60 days prior to treatment. Sun exposure can increase the risk of pains or burns from excessive light absorption in the epidermis. If the client has a sun tan it may be better to wait until the colour reduces to achieve the best results. The Ellipse has pre programmed treatment suggestions for different skin types
The sensation will vary from client to client but it is the second strongest of all the treatments. The sensation that is felt depends upon the amount of melanin found in the skin. The sensation is described as a heat sensation and a few clients compare it to mild sunburn after the treatment
On average 1-3 treatments at 4 week intervals are needed for the best results. Top up treatments may be needed in the future to maintain these results. For the optimum collagen stimulation effect with skin rejuvenation, 6 treatments at 4 week intervals would be recommended
It is important to avoid tanning (sun, sunbed, fake tan) before and during the treatment period. If not, your skin will absorb more light, which makes the treatment less effective. Generally no post-treatment care is necessary, but patients with sensitive skin may benefit from applying soothing aloe vera gel. Furthermore, it is recommended to use a SPF 30+ daily
The pigmentation will become darker in colour immediately after the treatment. A few days after the treatment the pigmented areas will develop a light crust (this is a good sign that the treatment has worked). After that, the skin will look smoother and fresher. A few more treatment sessions may be required to keep a smooth and youthful appearance
Clinical trials documenting Ellipse’s safety and effectiveness are carried out by leading doctors prior to the release of the product. The results of these tests are then published in respected, refereed medical journals.
The cost of the Ellipse IPL skin rejuvenation treatment is dependant on the area treated. Generally prices start from £100 per session. Please do not hesitate to contact the clinic for more pricing options: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Around 2 months ago after much research, I decided to go to the London Cosmetic Clinic for an issue that has been bothering most of my adult years… Acne scaring. I met the skin specialist, a very lovely lady called Mieke Morgan, after a free consultation she advised me with a realistic, ongoing treatment plan that was to put me on the right track on getting my dream skin. I have since then been sticking to the plan and I have to say I am completely taken back by my fantastic results, not only can I see a huge difference in my skin but I feel so much more confident.
Contact one of our reception team today to book a complimentary consultation with one of our medical professionals.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Knightsbridge clinic.REQUEST A CALL
For quite a few years now, traditional lasers and IPLs have taken the spotlight when it comes to hair removal, but that’s all about to change. SWT is the new technique on the block and our clients and aesthetic therapist at The London Cosmetic Clinic love it! Continue reading to find out what S [...]Read More >
A mole is a coloured growth, on the skin that develops when pigment cells (melanocytes) grow in clusters. Although most of us have moles, not all of us are okay with them. If you have a mole that’s in a very obvious place, is large, or causes restriction in your movement, then it can play on yo [...]Read More >
As we grow older, our skin begins to lose its youthful glow, becoming tarnished with wrinkles, age spots, redness and a wealth of other problems. It’s the tell-tale sign of how old we are – and sometimes it makes us look even older! But, what can you do? Is there are a way to turn back time a [...]Read More >