Have your ear lobe repair ( Lobuloplasty ) procedure at The London Cosmetic Clinic, by our highly experienced cosmetic doctor, Dr Salinda Johnson.
The earlobe is the lower, fleshy part of the ear that is sometimes pierced. The area consists of a delicate piece of skin that is made up of fat and skin. A split earlobe is more likely to occur for those that wear heavy earrings constantly.
Elongation of the hole or complete splitting of the earlobe can occur either over time through the thin wire of an earing being pulled by the weight of an earring or through trauma such as the jewellery being yanked or snagged suddenly. It is natural for the hole which the jewellery hangs through to stretch slightly over time if the earrings worn are heavy but would only be described as a split earlobe if the jewellery pulls right through the skin of the lobe causing the tissue to be in two pieces.
Big holes in the earlobe from big plug earrings that stretch the hole intentionally can also be repaired. We also complete ear lobe reduction procedure to re-shape and re-size the fleshy lobe part of the ear.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
Treatment for Earlobe Repair
Our specialist surgeon will carefully examine the earlobe and discuss the specific method of repair with you during your medical consultation.
Prior to the treatment : The earlobe can be repaired under local anaesthesia within the clinical treatment room. Usually the procedure takes around an hour to complete
The procedure : The repair first involves “freshening” the edges of the torn lobe by removing small amounts of skin. Then, using fine sutures, the earlobe is meticulously repaired to reconstruct a normal, rounded earlobe that matches your natural ear shape
Post treatment : You will be able to return home immediately after the procedure, with only a small bandage covering the stitches. The stitches will be removed after one to two weeks. When the earlobe has healed and the scar has softened, you may re-pierce the repaired earlobe. It takes up to 6 months for the earlobe to fully heal
Is the prodecure painful?
Apart from the local anaesthetic injection, which may feel like a little prick, you should not feel any discomfort at all. You might experience a slight stinging sensation as the ear begins to numb throughout. When the treatment has finished and anaesthetic effect wears off, slight discomfort may be experienced. Usually, patients do not require the consumption of pain killers
What are risks of the treatment?
With any cosmetic surgery procedure there are potential side-effects such as infection, bleeding and scarring. Fortunately, with earlobe repair, the risks are very low and it is a safe and simple procedure
What is the after care?
The dressing can be removed a couple of hours after and the wound should be cleaned with saline twice a day using clean cotton buds. Once cleaned, a prescriptive antibiotic cream should be applied. You should avoid stress or strain at the area. It is advised to keep the wound clean, dry and away from water for at least first 3-4 days, therefore, wash your hair before you come in for your treatment. Using dry shampoo can also help keeping the wound dry. These cleaning instructions will be discussed with you by our Clinic Co-ordinator and will need to continue until the stitches are removed.
When can I re-pierce my ear again?
You should leave the wound to heal for at least 6 months before having the ear re-pierced. It is also recommended not to pierce directly at the wound area or above. The procedure fee includes a free re-piercing, you will just need to supply some small, sterile studs
Why should I have the treatment at the London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Tear trough treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Standard Price List
The treatment cost is from £550 per earlobe
There are several types of ear lobe surgery available at The London Cosmetic Clinic. Once medically examined, Dr Salinda Johnson will confirm which method of removal is most suited for your concerns.
* Note: These are standard prices and are subject to individual requirement and promotion. You will be made fully awere of the total cost following a free consultation.
We offer expert treatments at competitive prices and a free, medical consultation appointment to discuss your suitability. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest special offers and clinic news.
“Thank you so much Dr. Johnson for my split earlobe repair. I am so happy to be able to wear earrings again and you have made the treatment experience so simple and totally pain free!”Jessica*, Richmond.
“My ear shape looks so good now, I cant believe I used to have two fully split ear lobes before the earlobe repair. Thanks to Dr. Johnson, your technique is awesome.”A J, New York.
* Name changed to protect identity.