The London Cosmetic Clinic offers expert treatments using a technically advanced intense pulsed, selective waveband technology system which can solve many unwanted skin issues.Your personal requirements are overseen and performed, in confidence, by our independent senior IPL specialist, Mieke Morgan
Acne is a real problem for most people of various ages and skin type. Everyone experiences some form of an unsightly, inconvenient outbreak of acne at some point in their lives.
There are many myths about the causes of acne, mostly about diet and hygiene, however neither are accurate. Acne can be caused by the body’s increased production of the hormone androgen (produced by both men and women) which stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. The increased production of oil causes the pores to become blocked so that the oil cannot come up to the skin’s surface. Specific bacteria feed on and break down this oil. As the bacteria multiply, waste products and sebacic acid are created which irritate the sebaceous gland which becomes inflamed. This causes blackheads (open comedones), pimples or nodules.
The Ellipse IPL treats 3 types of acne:
Clogging of the hair follicles that leads to unsightly and sometime painful, skin lesions and pimples
Covers the back, chest, and buttocks with pustules and nodules, which might cause a severe bacterial infection, as well as extensive scarring
An inflammation of the face, neck or chest
The schedule is 4 treatments, to take place once every 3-4 weeks. This routine can be repeated again to achieve further results if necessary
Time to See Results
Repeat in 4 weeks. Up to 4 sessions required.
On the Fitzpatrick scale skin types 1-3 and 4 can be treated with caution
Tolerance of pain varies from person to person. Many patients describe the sensation as a warming sensation, similar to the feeling one has after a day on the beach
The Ellipse acne treatment is a combination therapy. We recommend you use adapalene (Differin or Redap) cream or gel. Sun exposure should be avoided 30 days post and prior treatment and a SPF30+ must be worn daily
Clients may notice some general redness on the face. Following the treatment, pigmented areas may appear darker and will eventually disappear.
Due to the bacteria being difficult to eradicate completely, you will probably be recommended to continue using adaplene cream or gel some months after the treatment has ended.
1. SPECIALIST DOCTORS: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Hyperhidrosis procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) approved & regulated clinic, this ensures that we carried out high standard treatments, hygiene and care to our patients.
The clinic always has a relaxed feeling when i arrive, the staff are kind and understanding to my treatment needs and i always feel well taken care of by Mieke my laser specialist.
Contact one of our reception team today to book a complimentary consultation with one of our medical professionals.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Knightsbridge clinic.REQUEST A CALL