The London Cosmetic Clinic offers an alternative to skin rejuvenation. The treatment is completed using the technically advanced Ellipse, intense pulsed light system. Your personal requirements are overseen and performed, in confidence, by our independent senior IPL specialist, Mieke Morgan.
Everybody loves the sunshine! It’s good for the soul and the immediate effects it has on the skin such as a tan and healthy glow are much desired. However, in the long term sun exposure decreases the production of collagen and leads to uneven pigmentation, redness and a lack of firmness.
Our Ellipse IPL Skin rejuvenation treatment rejuvenates the skin by removing pigmentation, diffused redness and leaves the skin feeling smoother and more even in texture.
How does the Ellipse light work for skin rejuvenation?
Age spots and hyper pigmentation contains melanin and diffuse redness contains haemoglobin. The light is absorbed by the melanin in the pigmented area and the heat reaction effect, breaks down the melanin in the keratinocytes. A photo toxic reaction occurs in the melanin vesicles and the excess melanin turns darker before it comes away from the skin. The light is also absorbed by the superficial blood vessels in the skin. The heat reaction caused coagulates blood vessels, destroys protein in the wall of the vessel and stimulates collagen production
What skin conditions can be treated?
Skin rejuvenation is the treatment of sun damaged skins. The IPL laser treatment can be used for diffuse redness (high colour) and pigmented lesions such as hyper pigmentation, solar lentigines (sun spots) and freckles
Which type of client can be treated?
The best results are seen with clients of skin types 1-3 and skin type 4 can be treated with care. It is important that the client avoids sun exposure 30-60 days prior to treatment. Sun exposure can increase the risk of pains or burns from excessive light absorption in the epidermis. If the client has a sun tan it may be better to wait until the colour reduces to achieve the best results. The Ellipse has pre programmed treatment suggestions for different skin types
Does it hurt?
The sensation will vary from client to client but it is the second strongest of all the treatments. The sensation that is felt depends upon the amount of melanin found in the skin. The sensation is described as a heat sensation and a few clients compare it to mild sunburn after the treatment
How many treatments are needed for the best results?
On average 1-3 treatments at 4 week intervals are needed for the best results. Top up treatments may be needed in the future to maintain these results. For the optimum collagen stimulation effect with skin rejuvenation, 6 treatments at 4 week intervals would be recommended
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
It is important to avoid tanning (sun, sunbed, fake tan) before and during the treatment period. If not, your skin will absorb more light, which makes the treatment less effective. Generally no post-treatment care is necessary, but patients with sensitive skin may benefit from applying soothing aloe vera gel. Furthermore, it is recommended to use a SPF 30+ daily
What can I expect as far as results?
The pigmentation will become darker in colour immediately after the treatment. A few days after the treatment the pigmented areas will develop a light crust (this is a good sign that the treatment has worked). After that, the skin will look smoother and fresher. A few more treatment sessions may be required to keep a smooth and youthful appearance
How can I be sure Ellipse is safe and effective?
Clinical trials documenting Ellipse’s safety and effectiveness are carried out by leading doctors prior to the release of the product. The results of these tests are then published in respected, refereed medical journals.
The cost of the Ellipse IPL skin rejuvenation treatment is dependant on the area treated. Generally prices start from £100 per session. Please do not hesitate to contact the clinic for more pricing options: email@example.com.
Why have Treatments at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST THERAPIST: Our independent Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapist is dedicated to providing personalized, esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. With over 8 years experience as senior therapist at the Ellipse flagship clinic in Knightsbridge, her knowledge expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapist has refined her ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in her standards of clinical excellence.
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Suggestions of other treatments :