The London Cosmetic Clinic is proud to offer the hay fever prevention treatment with steroid injection. All treatments are carried out by our team of highly experienced doctors.
Hay fever also known as allergic rhinitis is an inflammation caused in the nose when the immune system overreacts to the allergens such as pollen, pet hair, dust or mold. Two components contribute to the development of allergies: inherited genetics and environmental exposures.
Symptoms and signs are running or stuffy nose, sneezing, red itchy and watery eyes which occur within minutes after exposure and can affect sleep, the ability to concentrate and work. Many people with hay fever also have asthma, allergic conjunctivitis or atopic dermatitis.
IgE antibodies coupled with the allergen and activates the release of inflammatory chemicals such as histamine from mast cells. The symptoms of allergies are similar with a common cold but they often last more than two weeks and do not include a fever.
Treatments of hay fever may improve symptoms including nasal steroids, antihistamines and leukotriene receptor antagonists, however they are not sufficient or associated with side effects.
People with exposure to larger amount of allergen or are immune against oral or topical medications. Steroid injection (Triamcinolone) has proved to be an effective treatment and prevention for hay fever.
Kenalog Hay Fever Injections
What is Kenalog?
Kenalog is a corticosteroid and contains triamcinolone. Tramcinolone injection reduces the release of inflammatory chemicals such as histamine and can give hay fever symptoms remission that lasts for the duration of the entire pollen or allergen season.
Triamcinolone (Kenalog) can be given intra muscular. The licensed indications include use in seasonal allergies in patients who do not respond to conventional therapy
Before the procedure: Your highly experienced doctor will discuss your concerns and medical background whilst explaining, in detail, as to how the hay fever procedure takes place. This will include the benefits, the risks and possible complications and the possible results
During the procedure: The doctor will inject the Kenalog into the buttocks area. One injection is necessary.
After the procedure: Patients are advised to keep the area clean and not to touch the needle entry point to reduce risk of infection for 4 hours post treatment.
Kenalog side effects?
Dermal/sub-dermal atrophy or changes in the make-up of the connective tissue and depressions in the skin at the injection site may occur due to the presence of adrenal steroid crystals in the dermis.
Do not use Kenalog if you are allergic to triamcinolone.
To make sure you can safely use Kenalog, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions: any skin infection, especially tuberculosis infection of the skin; chicken pox or herpes infection (including cold sores); diabetes; or a stomach ulcer.
Why should I have the treatment at The London Cosmetic Clinic?
1. SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in the Tear trough treatment procedure
2. SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
3. CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is carried out at our clinic in the heart of vibrant Knightsbridge. We are based a 5 minute walk from Knightsbridge tube station
4. HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
5. PREMIUM MEDICATION : We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
6. We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Standard price list
The cost of the treatment is £150.
We offer expert treatments at competitive prices and a free, medical consultation appointment to discuss your suitability. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest special offers and clinic news.
* Note: These are standard prices and are subject to individual requirement and promotion. You will be made fully aware of the total cost following a free, medical consultation.
“I’ve always felt I have been restricted in enjoying the Summer months due to my hay fever allergies – I finally feel I’ve got my life back! Thank you!” Maria*,Islington.
“I never knew that there was such an easy, affordable solution for something that has affected my life for years. I will keep coming back!” Daniel*, Southampton
* Names changed to protect patient identity.