Where can you have fillers done?
Published on: March 23, 2021
Dermal fillers for anti-ageing are hugely popular for adding volume to hollows and furrows, correcting lines and wrinkles, re-sculpting facial contours, and boosting the skin’s hydration. At The London Cosmetic Clinic in Harley Street, led by Dr Salinda Johnson, we offer this non-surgical, injectable treatment for exceptional results without going under the surgeon’s knife. But what exactly are dermal fillers, and which areas of the face and body can they treat?
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that contain hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally-occurring sugar already present in our bodies. Areas such as the joints, connective tissues, the eyes and the skin all benefit from the hydrating and cushioning effect that HA gives them. However, as we begin to age, HA starts to deplete, and this is when we can notice our faces change. The skin can become dry, wrinkled and lax, and with the addition of collagen, bone and fat loss, hollows can appear, the volume can be lessened, and the skin can sag, forming jowls and under-eye bags.
The magic of dermal fillers is that they are incredibly versatile, and this is why they have become one of the most sought after non-surgical cosmetic procedures in the world.
They come in a range of viscosities and formulations, each with its own unique properties, to handle the ageing processes that our face and skin go through.
When in a very fluid form, dermal fillers can hydrate and plump the skin cells, giving a healthy glow and moisturisation. When contained in a thicker gel, dermal fillers can act as a supporting ‘scaffold’ for facial contours, helping to lift, sculpt and rebuild areas of the face.
There are so many areas that we can treat with dermal fillers; it’s difficult to list them all. However, here are some of the popular facial ageing conditions that dermal fillers can effectively treat in a walk-in-walk-out procedure…
- Forehead lines (static, deeper lines not able to be treated with Botox® alone).
- Temples (reducing the skeletal look we can get as we lose volume in this area as well as lifting the eyebrows).
- Tear troughs – the crease beneath under-eye bags, helping to disguise these bags and reduce the look of dark circles and creases.
- Cheeks – injecting dermal fillers in the cheeks accentuates the cheekbones and provides a lower facelifting effect.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty (lunchtime nose job) – this treatment can correct a whole host of irregularities of a patient’s nose’s shape and size without invasive surgery.
- Nose to mouth lines – either by injecting into them directly or injecting into the cheeks to lift nasolabial lines and smooth them out.
- Lips – possibly one of the most common and popular treatments, dermal fillers act to plump and rehydrate the lips for a more youthful, sexy pout.
- Marionette lines – the lines from the corners of the mouth to the chin, lifting the sides of the mouth too.
- Chin and jawline recontouring – to eliminate a double chin and create a stronger side profile.
- Full facelift – otherwise known as the ‘liquid facelift’ or ‘8-point lift’ – this specialist technique can also be used alongside other complementary treatments such as Botox or threads, to create a holistic approach to full facial anti-ageing.
- Hand rejuvenation – carefully injected into the hands, to reduce that ‘bony’ look and restore volume and hydration (the hands are also known as your second face and will give your age away if not considered for cosmetic treatment as time goes on).
- Earlobe correction – heavy earrings and the ageing process can cause the ear lobes to droop and sag, as well as causing creases. Dermal fillers can now be used to revitalise the earlobes and help erase lines and wrinkles.
- Décolletage and neck creases – crêpey skin in these areas can be treated with a fluid dermal filler to reduce lines and wrinkles and deeply hydrate the skin tissues.
The list of possibilities with dermal fillers is never-ending and renowned. Cosmetic doctors all over the world are developing new and innovative techniques and treatment methods, so that patients don’t need to have invasive surgery to look and feel younger and more confident.
At The London Cosmetic Clinic, we only use the highest-grade, FDA-approved dermal fillers. Our team of medical experts are at the top of their field when using these substances with the most modern cannula techniques for a more comfortable and effective treatment.
Before any dermal filler treatment can take place, here at The London Cosmetic Clinic in Harley Street, we will invite you to attend a no-obligation consultation, so that we can discuss your concerns and examine the area for treatment as well as check your medical history, to ensure that you are fit, well and able to undergo a dermal filler injection procedure safely. Once we are content that a dermal filler treatment will be suitable for your individual concerns and requirements, we will be able to book your appointment.
Dermal fillers have long been flying the flag for non-surgical anti-ageing treatments. They continue to go from strength to strength, due to their high safety records (when used by a highly-qualified and well-trained medical practitioner) as well as their efficacy in producing natural-looking results. You don’t have to have invasive surgery to stave off the hands of time, or correct that niggling issue that has always bothered you. Dermal fillers could well be the answer, so why not book an initial, no-obligation consultation? to find out more, and take that step to a more youthful, confident, gorgeous you!